From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't see /dev/hda1,2,3 but I know they exist...
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:25:25
1 On 19 Feb 2010, at 05:49, James Homuth wrote:
2
3 > I performed a bit of an update on my laptop a day or two ago, and
4 > after reboot, I lost the ability to do anything with /dev/hda*. I
5 > currently have 0 swap space, and according to stat, ls etc, they
6 > don't exist. But, booting to an install CD I burned for diagnostic
7 > purposes, it sees them just fine. Also, and this is the strange
8 > part. It boots no problem, so the OS is able to mount at least /dev/
9 > hda3, even though from the command line I'm not seeing it. I'm
10 > probably missing something completely dead obvious (it's after
11 > midnight here and all), and Google's turning up nothing, so if
12 > someone could kindly slap me in the face with it, that'd be
13 > appreciated. Thanks either way for whatever help comes my way.
14
15 I would try to help, but your text is too small.
16
17 This is why you should post in plain-text format.
18
19 Stroller.