From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix problem
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:41:47
1 On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:58:32 +0100
2 Mateusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I have problem with postfix. I just want to send email to other mail
7 > server from my new postfix/courier server.
8
9 Could you elaborate on your configuration? Are you...
10 - relaying mail to a specific domain (or group of domains)?
11 - forwarding all mail the box receives to another computer
12 (a bad idea) ?
13 - sending local mail as an MX Host / Mail Hub for a local network?
14 - something else?
15
16 > Every time I write address
17 > different then local server (postfix) returns info "5.7.1 (some
18 > address): Relay access denied". What should I do? I don't know is it
19 > forwarding or relaying. What is wrong?
20
21 It sounds like a fixable problem, but I'm not sure what you're trying
22 to achieve. Want to post your main.cf?
23
24 > Greet's,
25 > Mateusz Mierzwinski
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list