From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --oneshot and --update
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 08:33:40
1 On Mon, 16 May 2011 13:35:19 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2
3 > * emerge --oneshot package will install package but does not record it
4 > in @world
5 Yes.
6
7 > * To update a oneshot-ed package, I must either do it explicitly
8 > (emerge --update package), or use --deep against world (emerge
9 > --update --deep @world)
10
11 The former, the latter will not do anything as the package is unknown to
12 world.
13
14 > * --update-ing a package will not record it in @world
15
16 As in emerge -u package? That will record it in world.
17
18 > * If I want that package to be included in @world, I have to re-emerge
19 > it
20 * emerge --oneshot package will install package but does not record it in
21 @world
22
23 * To update a oneshot-ed package, I must either do it explicitly
24 (emerge --update package), or use --deep against world (emerge
25 --update --deep @world)
26
27 * --update-ing a package will not record it in @world
28
29 * If I want that package to be included in @world, I have to re-emerge it
30
31 No, emerge -n package.
35 Neil Bothwick
36
37 What do you call a Tellytubbie with a finger up its bum? Stinky Pinky!