From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unable to login to user account or do su - username
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 08:17:08
1 Mike Kazantsev wrote:
2 >
3 > I don't know about motd, but the rest looks like pam problem to me, if
4 > you're using pam, of course. Try 'euse -i pam' to see if it's enabled.
5 >
6 > If that's the case, first of all I'd suggest to check etc-update.
7 > Then look through /etc/pam.d, especially system-* files. There you can
8 > remove some of the required (for successfull authentication) modules,
9 > so their failure won't affect the process.
12 Yeah. It is my feeling too that pam may be a problem. I've been
13 comparing the system files against my other gentoo machine and they are
14 just the same. However the fact that motd appears twice even when I
15 login as root continues to puzzle me. I've checked all user accounts and
16 only 3 out of 37 accounts have the login/su problem. I will create some
17 new accounts and see what happens.
18
19 Thanks,
22 Valmor