From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange desktop happening following update world
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:21:36
1 On Monday 14 September 2009, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Paul Hartman
3 >
4 > <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
6 > >> Other obvious changes are that ctrl-alt-bkspc no longer shuts X down
7 > >> And the desktop seems to take a good bit longer to initially load.
8 > >
9 > > The makers of Xorg have disabled ctrl-alt-backspace by default in
10 > > recent versions (since ~6 months ago or so?). Add this to your
11 > > .xinitrc (or whatever) to get this behavior back:
12 > > setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp
13 >
14 > Here's a page that has some other methods of re-enabling this hotkey
15 > combination:
16 >
17 > http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-enabledisable-ctrlaltbackspace-in-ubuntu-9
18 >-10-karmic.html
19
20 I had made the entry in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-xinput-configuration.fdi
21 (slightly different place to the Ubuntu link above) but after a while I took
22 it out as I was experimenting with stuff and the three finger salute has been
23 working since. I assumed that xorg fixed this RHL <aheam> feature change.
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick