From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installed vs. Running (new feature suggestion)
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 11:07:54
1 How do we do that? "man emerge, man portage and man make.conf" dont
2 mention this. Which docs should I be looking at?
3
4 BillK
7 On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 10:47 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
8 > On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:37:31 -0800, Grant wrote:
9 >
10 > > 2. reports what version of installed software is actually running and
11 > > it's up to the user to figure out what needs to be done if installed
12 > > and running software versions do not match (probably better)
13 >
14 > 3. Whenever an ebuild installs a script in /etc/init.d, it checks to see
15 > whether the service is already running. If it is, it sends an ewarn
16 > message. Now that portage is able to mail these messages, they no longer
17 > get lost in the reams of output from an emerge, so they are now genuinely
18 > useful.
22 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
23 Home!
24 --