From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error Message about network interfaces
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 05:04:24
1 On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:30:38 -0500
2 twang.umn@×××××.com wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > I own a Thinkpad T60 laptop. It has both wireless and wired network
7 > support. But when booting, if I just use wireless ( without plugging
8 > wire), it will give an error: eth0 network interfaces does not exists.
9 >
10 > Actually, it was not a big problem before. But now I am using
11 > fbsplash. After swithing to graphic terminal, the booting will stop
12 > at the error message. I need to go back to tty, and then booting
13 > continues.
14 >
15 > Does anyone know how to get rid of the error message. Since I use
16 > wire or wireless like 50 to 50, I don't want to remvoe net.eth0 from
17 > runlevel scripts.
18 >
19 > Any suggestion is appreciated, and thank you in advance.
20 >
21 just a guess, but have you looked at RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING
22 in /etc/init.d/rc ?
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list