From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT- tv tuner cards
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 21:50:13
1 On Monday 02 October 2006 21:04, maxim wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > Do these things work very well? What's a good one? Is
5 > it gentoo-friendly.
6 >
7 > I'll be using it with a Viewsonic 17" LCD with a
8 > digital connector and a ATI Radeon 256M vid card.
9 >
10 > I saw one work back in 2000 and thought the picture
11 > quality quite poor. Have they improved much since
12 > then?
13 >
14 > -Maxim
17 I'm runing three Hauppage PVR-150 capture cards on a mythtv media server with
18 Gentoo. No problems. Everthing needed is in portage. Also running mvpmc for
19 watching recorded videos on the big screen in the living room. Again, no real
20 problems and most all of the software for that is in portage, except for the
21 mvpmc firware.
22
23 About the best high light of my hobby aspect for linux.
24
25 Cheers.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list