From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several questions -- various topics
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:06:56
1 On 11/20/06, Timothy A. Holmes <tholmes@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > I have tried a sudo command for a switch on the modubar
4 > and it seemed to fight back, but its possible that I didn't get
5 > it set up right. Any suggestions or pointers would be very helpful.
6 >
7 > I am looking for recommendations on a multi network chat client. I
8 > have been using gaim for quite some time, however, there are some
9 > problems in the latest version, and it does not seem that they will be
10 > resolved for quite some time. I have looked at kopete, but its irc
11 > support is very lacking, especially compared to kvirc which I love. I
12 > am interested in hearing what other options might be out there.
13
14 To answer your first question, there are a few graphical sudo
15 applications. I personally use empower but if you are not comfortable
16 using stuff masked -* then there is also gksu.
17
18 As far as IM goes I use gaim for the normal IM networks and Xchat for
19 IRC both seem to work very well.
20
21 -Mike
25 Michael E. Crute
26 http://mike.crute.org
27
28 God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things.
29 Right now I am so far behind that I will never die. --Bill Watterson
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list