From: Luis Ortiz <wichos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gziiping files in /usr/share/doc/<packet>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:25:58
1 Yrjö Hatakka wrote:
2 > How can I turn this retarded behaviour off ?
3
4 What behavior? Storing documentation in /usr/share/doc? or storing gzipped
5 documentation?
6
7 If it's the first one, as far as I know, you can't.
8
9 If it's the latter, why would you want to do that? It saves some HD space. Also,
10 you don't have to uncompress those files manually to read them--VIM, less, and
11 surely many more text editors/readers that have gzip support will do that for you.
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list