From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Wearab le Gentoo Computer?
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:50:33
1 Mark Shields <laebshade <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > You want to be a gargoyle
4 (http://tecfa.unige.ch/perso/staf/nova/blog/2003/
5 09/23/gargoyle-and-self-gargoyle/)?
9 Not really a gargoyle (even though I'm as paranoid as the next humanoid).
10 My application is working with technicians that cover a wide geographic
11 area of industrial equipment. Many times I drive to a remote site, and it's
12 not necessary, they just did not articulate the issue/problem/question
13 with accuracy. If I provide them a wearable rig then we can examine
14 problems with equipment, and I can stay in the remote (air conditioned) lab.
15
16 Sure, there may be resistance at first to these sort of gadgets, but,
17 being a very cool and creative type-A, I've decide to spice them up
18 with sports, music, and other streaming AV goodies, so the techs
19 see the devices as enjoyable. Obviously for work well done, there will be
20 PERKS via the devices. I'm open to a device for endorphin injections
21 on a micro scale, if you know a good source.
22
23 I'm basically sorry/lazy/stupid and getting old fast trying to keep up
24 with troubleshooting industrial equipment. I need something to minimize
25 truck rolls and thereby justify being on the payroll as a consultant.
26
27 Naturally, after lowering expectations for a few years, I now have to
28 deliver something very cool, to stay gamefully employeed.
29
30 Got any better ideas for a poezr in an industrial environment?
31
32 James
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list