From: Franz Fellner <alpine.art.de@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Question for users of the Firefox browser
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 06:10:19
1 Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I've been using Firefox for ages and something struck me recently as a
4 > bit odd. In the Windows version, if I click up into the address or
5 > search boxes, the existing contents are highlighted and if I begin
6 > typing, the existing text is deleted and what I'm typing becomes the
7 > contents. On the Linux version, under KDE, it doesn't. I have to click
8 > into the appropriate edit box, highlight the contents and start typing
9 > or hit either home/end and then start deleting before typing my new URL.
10 > If, for example, the existing text happens to be a google search string,
11 > this can be quite a bit of text to delete.
12 >
13 > So my question, I suppose, is multipart:
14 >
15 > 1) Is this by design? Is this the normal behaviour?
16 >
17 > 2) Have I set a USE flag wrong somewhere that causes this behaviour?
18 >
19 > 3) How do people get around the problem I mentioned above regarding long
20 > URL's, such as a Google search results?
21 >
22 > Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,
23 >
24 > Andrew
27 You can try to double/triple click the text.
28 Or use <Ctrl+L> or <F6>.
29 I am using vimperator with gui=None, so I don't see the url/search bar.
30 I simply hit "o" or "t" and start typing ;)
31
32 Concerning the other points: I can't tell you if it's intentional. I never cared ;)
33 You can argue that canging the URL gets mor difficult with the way it works on WIN
34 An I don't think this depends on USE-Flags.