From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trouble installing Plone
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:51:56
1 Florian Philipp schrieb:
2 > Hi list!
3 >
4 > I'm currently trying to install the Plone-CMS on my vServer. However,
5 > for some reason, Zope and Plone just don't get together.
6 >
7 > I've followed this howto: [1] I've also looked at other docs around the
8 > net as well as Plone's readme.
9 >
10 > Zope runs and I can access it. Plone is installed and I've used
11 > zprod-manager to add it to the zope-instance. I've also restarted Zope.
12 > The problem is: "plone site" just doesn't show up in the list of items I
13 > can add!
14 >
15 > I've checked the permissions, I can see the products which belong to
16 > Plone in Zope's product tree. I've tried plone-2.5.5 with zope-2.9.10
17 > and plone-3.1.7 with zope-2.10.7.
18 >
19 > [1] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Plone
20 >
21 > I hope someone has an idea.
24 I've found this bug report:
25 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plone3/+bug/363065
26
27 It states my problem with the solution of installing python-imaging
28 (PIL). But I have dev-python/imaging installed! Is it possible that the
29 problem occurs because Zope depends on dev-lang/python:2.4 but the
30 system default is dev-lang/python:2.5?