From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Akonadi crashes
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:26:15
1 On Thursday 15 July 2010 20:57:20 Martin DiViaio wrote:
2 > Dumb question: Is dbus running?
3
4 Yes it is.
5
6 I think that the problem is with me using sqlite instead of mysql, as Alan
7 already suggested. On the basis that kmail was launching fine (albeit there
8 was the occasional akonadi crash) since I installed kde-4.4.4 I assumed that
9 akonadi was just a bit temperamental. However, it seems that with kde-4.4.4
10 sqlite is less compatible that it was with previous versions.
11
12 Deleting the akonadi.db causes sqlite to fail next time akonadi tries to
13 start:
14
15 http://www.mail-archive.com/kdepim-bugs@×××.org/msg27225.html
16
17 This is the reason that I could not start kmail at all after I deleted
18 akonadi.db
19
20 I have now restored akonadi.db from a back up and akonadi starts without
21 drama, however, my addressbook looks empty! I also restored this from a back
22 up, so I know it is not empty - also, when I start typing an address it
23 autocompletes.
24
25 I also tried to run:
26
27 INSERT INTO ResourceTable (name,isVirtual) VALUES
28 ('akonadi_search_resource','true')
29
30 as the above link recommends, but it complains:
31
32 Error: no such table: ResourceTable
33
34 Any idea what the stanza should be?
35
36 Clearly kde-4.4.4 is a bit problematic for me because unlike kde devs I do not
37 need/want to run mysql just for less than 20 addresses or so, that I may have
38 in my address book.
39
40 It may be time to give claws-mail a spin.
41 --
42 Regards,
43 Mick