From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TVSE MSP 240 Classic Dot Matrix Printer
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 07:54:12
1 On 13 August 2011, at 05:24, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
2 > …
3 > The printer specification says that it can emulate Epson ESC/P and IBM
4 > Proprinter command sets.
5 >
6 > I saw CUPS documentation and it is written that printers supporting
7 > Epson ESC/P command set are supported on Linux.
8 > http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sam.html#EPSON9
9 >
10 > I'd like to know if anybody is using this printer here on this list or,
11 > does it require some hardware switch changes, etc (like jumper settings)
12 > to make the printer comply to particular command set? I'm buying a dot
13 > matrix printer for the first time, please help. It's urgent.
14
15 I doubt if there's many people on this list using dot-matrix printers, let alone anyone using that particular model.
16
17 If it emulates that Epson I doubt if you'll have too many problems (for plain text, dollar signs, spaces and line-feeds, at least; I don't warranty this advice if you need to do graphics or fancy little glyphs or wingdings).
18
19 You're right that you might have to change some jumpers, but they shouldn't be hard to find or access. Ask the seller - it'll probably be documented in the manual.
20
21 Stroller.