From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -1 `eix -Iu --only-names` & removing old version of Python
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:06:42
1 On 31 Aug 2008, at 09:05, David Sveningsson wrote:
2 > Stroller skrev:
3 >>
4 >> On 30 Aug 2008, at 21:19, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >>> ...
6 >>> In retrospect, it would probably have been quicker if you went the
7 >>> long way
8 >>> round:
9 >>>
10 >>> emerge -e world
11 >>
12 >> Tried it. Kept dying and leaving a number of packages that I just
13 >> couldn't build.
14 >
15 > You can resume building by using "emerge --resume". If a package fails
16 > to build you can skip it with "emerge --resume --skipfirst".
17
18 I know this, but in the case of the libexpat.so.0 problem I got loads
19 of packages which THEN couldn't compile because they depended upon the
20 first one. And the older versions no longer worked because they were
21 missing libexpat.so.0.
22
23 Stroller.