From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE and Gnome start-up apps
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:16:06
1 Hi all,
2
3 I use e17 as my window manager as well as various KDE and Gnome apps. I find
4 that fonts used in these apps are much bigger in e17 than in their native
5 environments - GTK apps being especially bad and Firefox being the worst.
6
7 By reading the 'startkde' script I found that running kcminit from my .xinitrc
8 makes a huge difference to KDE apps (they are now almost perfect). But kcminit
9 has something to do with control modules, so I think this is more a happy
10 side-effect that the RightThingToDo(tm). And I can't find the magic Gnome
11 thingy that has the same effect.
12
13 Anyone know the correct commands that KDE and Gnome run during startup to set
14 their environment correctly? I don't want to fiddle with themes and font
15 sizes, I do use the other desktops occasionally and when I do things must
16 still be readable.
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com