From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Xorg 1.9.2 and wrong display size
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 18:15:34
1 felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 09:37:23AM +0000, Mick wrote:
5 >> KMS won't work with framebuffer modules like vesa/uvesa/radeonfb/etc. unless
6 >> you also add nomodeset at the kernel line in GRUB.
7 >>
8 > I'm not using those modules. Unless KMS actively breaks because those
9 > modules exist but aren't loaded, I don't see how framebuffer modules
10 > are the problem.
13 >> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xm
14 >>
15 > I added VIDEO_CARDS and remerged xorg-server and xorg-drivers. This
16 > made no difference; the log file is exactly the same other than a
17 > minor Mhz change.
20 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.8-upgrade-guide.xml
21 >>
22 > It tells how to set up a config file for 1.8, which I had working
23 > without a config file, so this particular upgrade guide seems rather
24 > useless. My only problem is that 1.9.2 doesn't set the right screen
25 > size. That probably does point to KMS in some manner, but a 1.8
26 > upgrade guide doesn't deal with it.
30 I ran into a weird video issue a month or so ago and there was a lot of
31 head scratching. Just out of curiosity, do you have this built into the
32 kernel under 'General Setup"?
33
34 System V IPC
35
36 Again, I have that built in the kernel not as a module. It fixed my
37 problem and I hope it will help on yours to.
38
39 Dale
40