From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: usb-keyboard not working...
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 02:48:23
1 Sebastian Beßler <webmaster@××××××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > Am 06.11.2009 22:39, schrieb alex ponomarev:
4 >> If you're talking about X, try to emerge HAL daemon, it's now necessary to
5 >> work your input devices correctly.
6 >
7 > Is it?
8 > I have X without hal working here.
9 > As long as it works it can help to make things easier.
10 > But it can be disabled.
11
12 True here to... I've been running without hal for a while. At the
13 most recent update world (3 days ago now) I noticed something wanted
14 to pull in hal, but quickly put `-hal' under /etc/make.conf USE, and
15 proceeded without it.
16
17 If you've upgraded xorg-server recently, you also need to rebuild and
18 of the xorg drivers you have installed. I didn't do that at the
19 upgrade mentioned above and had no mouse keyboard in X either.
20
21 First I found all drivers with `eix -Ic |grep driver'
22
23 Then re-emerged them all. Rebooted and mouse/keyboard worked in X
24 then.
25
26 I'm running a much newer kernel than what you posted, so not sure how
27 that effected things.