From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Heads up; Ontario-wide brownout tests Thursday Jan 19
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 04:05:40
1 I'm making this post in an attempt to prevent a bunch of false bug
2 reports about power management software, so I believe it's on topic here.
3 Those of us living in Ontario, Canada will have a chance to see how well
4 your computers do (or don't) stand up to brownouts.
5
6 The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) is planning a
7 routine voltage reduction test for Thursday, January 19, 2006.
8
9 A province-wide voltage reduction of three per cent will take place
10 between 9:30 am and 11:30 am followed by a five per cent reduction from
11 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
12
13 See http://www.ieso.ca/imoweb/media/md_newsitem.asp?newsID=2699 for
14 further details.