From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo's future directtion ?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:01:08
1 On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 5:40 PM, <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Interesting perspective that I had not considered... still, I think there is
3 > more at play here. It sounds as if a few "chosen" old guard
4 > are going to kick out more of the progressive and newer devs
5 > so that these few. control the core distro. That way they can agree
6 > and do what they want.
7
8 Where are you getting this stuff? People seem to talk about "old
9 guard" Gentoo devs blocking contributions, but the very few times
10 anything remotely resembling this gets pointed out the Council has
11 stepped in to remove obstructions.
12
13 There are of course a few long-running personality conflicts that
14 flare up from time to time, and attempts at obstructionism, but they
15 tend to get shot down which is as it should be.
16
17 If somebody feels otherwise then they really need to step up and call
18 attention to it. Simply complaining about being oppressed is really
19 just being part of the problem.
22 Rich