From: "José Romildo Malaquias" <j.romildo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrecord fails to burn dvd
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:39:15
1 On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 05:33:46PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > > > Did you ever write a DVD-R with this hardware?
5 > >
6 > > Yes I have written some DVD-R discs with this hardware. When I bought
7 > > the notebook and installed gentoo in last January, burning with cdrecord
8 > > (from cdrtools) used to work. Sometime later (about one month, but I am
9 > > not sure) it stopped working. Probably after some upgrade. I do not
10 > > remeber exactly. By then I could not look at the problem because of lack
11 > > of time. Since then I have been using Nero Linux for recording DVD-R
12 > > discs without problems.
13 > >
14 > > Some information I have sent in previous messages may not be accurate
15 > > enough because I have forgotten to change the media to a new unused
16 > > one. So I am attaching a new file with the output of some requested
17 > > commands.
18 >
19 > With the messages you send, it cannot be cdrecord but either your drive
20 > or the Linux kernel.
21 >
22 > One interesting point is that cdrecord is unable to do a DMA speed test.
23 > THis may have different reasons and without knowing the reason, I cannot
24 > say more...
25 >
26 > You may try to call cdrecord -v -checkdrive -V
27 >
28 > and have a look at the SCSI read buffer command.
29
30 Unfortanatly I do not know how to deal with the output of the above
31 command. So I am attaching it here (cdrecord0.log) and maybe someaone
32 can find anything unexpected in it.
33
34 > You also may try to reduce the transfer size to 16 kb by adding
35 > "ts=16k" to the command line in hope that it is a driver bug that goes
36 > away with smaller transfer sizes.
37
38 With "ts=16k" the speed is around 2.4x, but the disc is still not burn
39 at the end. This time there was more problems, though. See the output of
40 the command
41
42 script -f -c "cdrecord -v -sao -eject -ts=16 speed=8 fs=256m driveropts=burnfree /var/tmp/image.iso" cdrecord.log
43
44 in the attached cdrecor.log file.
45
46 This time glibc detected a cdrecord double free or corruption error.
47
48 Romildo

cdrecord0.log text/plain
cdrecord.log text/plain