From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Replace 8TB drive with 10TB drive on encrypted LVM
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 07:18:11
1 Howdy,
2
3 I thought I had done this before but it appears I have not.  I want to
4 replace a 8TB drive with a 10TB drive and then remove the 8TB drive when
5 done but these drives are encrypted with cryptsetup on top of LVM.  I
6 looked through my how tos and can't find one for encrypted drives.  I
7 did find them for regular LVM and have done that in the past.  While I
8 have fresh backups, I don't want to test them if not needed.  Does this
9 work just like with LVM or does the encryption change how this is done
10 or even if it can be done?
11
12 I googled and can't really find a good how to.  Does anyone have a link
13 to a 'how to' to do this with encrypted stuff, have notes with the
14 sequence of commands that I can go by or is this not doable when it is
15 encrypted?
16
17 Thanks.
18