From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/snd/seq access mode and permission
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 16:39:00
1 On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 3:54 AM, Cinder <cinder@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi, how do I make changes to permissions and access mode of device nodes persistent? At the moment I have to chown and chmod the /dev/snd/seq node every boot to make it accessible to my user. the other nodes are fine. Here's the output of ls -l /dev/snd/
3 >
4 > total 0
5 > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 60 Aug 17 18:44 by-path
6 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 12 Aug 17 18:44 controlC0
7 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 11 Aug 17 18:44 hwC0D0
8 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 10 Aug 17 18:44 hwC0D3
9 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 9 Aug 17 18:44 hwC0D4
10 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 8 Aug 17 18:44 hwC0D5
11 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 7 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D0c
12 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 6 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D0p
13 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 5 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D1p
14 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 4 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D3p
15 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 3 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D7p
16 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 2 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D8p
17 > crw------- 1 root root 116, 1 Aug 17 18:44 seq
18 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 33 Aug 17 18:44 timer
19 >
20 > I need /dev/snd/seq to look look the others. I can't find the udev rule or configuration that creates these nodes. Many thanks for any consideration.
21
22 Do you have files under /etc/udev/rules.d/? If so, make a backup of
23 them, delete them, and try again. udev should automagically set the
24 permissions.
25
26 Also, check for orphan files (files which doesn't belong to any
27 package) under /lib/udev/rules.d/
28
29 Regards.
30 --