From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] minimal grub:2 install? [grub:0 being removed]
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 23:19:51
1 On 2019.01.17 17:52, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > Apparently they're going to try to pry grub-0.97 from my cold dead
3 > fingers...
4 >
5 > Is there any documentation on how to do a basic minimal grub:2
6 > install?
7 >
8 > I really don't want any of the auto-magical, devs know better than I
9 > do what I want, os-probing, hide all the details from the stupid user,
10 > config file generator stuff installed. I just want the bare minimum
11 > required to boot using a hand-edited grub.conf file.
12 >
13 > There doesn't seem to be a USE flag...
14 I just copied the ebuild (and required patches) into my local overlay.
15 Still no grub2 for me in Gentoo. (I do use it on other PCs with other
16 distros, and the grub "magic" has so far been kind to me and not
17 screwed anything up yet.)