From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [slightly OT] kernel .config help pages
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:13:25
1 On Wednesday 21 March 2007 09:41, Rasmus Andersen wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 06:23:40PM +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > Is there a quick way to access the help page of a singular module in the
6 > > kernel .config list, without having to fire up make menuconfig?
7 > >
8 > > Something on the CLI to access just one particular help page.
9 >
10 > I dont think there is a dedicated CLI tools for this, but the Kconfig
11 > files in the kernel directory contains the help text. So if you know the
12 > name of the config option is question (or its placement in the directory
13 > hierarcy) you can grep -r for it and read/grep/parse the Kconfig file in
14 > question.
15
16 Thank you Rasmus, that's what I was after. Using less on the relevant Kconfig
17 file shows me all the help files in a row for the particular module e.g.
18 less /usr/src/linux-2.6.19-gentoo-r5/drivers/rtc/Kconfig
21 Regards,
22 Mick