From: Ed Santiago <ed@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Radeon 7000 Dual Head (one card two different screens)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:26:16
1 >I have a ATI radeon 7000 with a digital and an anolog outlet.
2
3 <aol>Me too</aol>.
4
5 >I would like a real dual view (one
6 >monitor left and one monitor right...). Can anybody help me? I am using the
7 >driver radeon, since fglrx does not start X (No Device found).
8
9 You might find this useful:
10
11 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors
12
13 In particular, the above page links to this sample xorg.conf:
14
15 http://mg.pov.lt/xorg.conf
16
17 ...which is thoroughly and beautifully commented, and came in
18 very handy when I configured my own system last month.
19
20 One distinction which you might not be aware of: there are
21 typically two ways to run dualhead:
22
23 1) Xinerama: one big "screen". You can slide windows from
24 one monitor to the other.
25 2) Multi Screen: two semi-independent displays. Switching
26 virtual desktops on one will not affect the other.
27
28 I much prefer (2), but you rarely hear about it these days.
29
30 ^E
31 --
32 Ed Santiago Toolsmith ed@××××××××××.com