From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: post handbook install guide?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:26:45
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > emerge -av $(cat /path/to/oldworld)
7 I'll give it a whirl, when/after I get kde-meta happy.
8 I did change flags so that might be the cause of the
9 circular dependencies.
10
11 thanks Neil, it been since 2005 since I had to perform
12 a handbook install....
13
14 liveCD 2006 worked just fine, maybe I'll give 2007.0's
15 live CD a whirl, again, as I have 2 more laptops and several
16 servers to install. Gentoo is very popular where I work.
17 If we could only get the semiconductor manufactures
18 and the companies that develop software development tools
19 for firmware development to embrace linux, at a faster pace,
20 life would be sweet.
21
22 Thanks!
23