From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird hibernate problem
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 16:10:32
1 On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:04 AM, Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 9/11/2012 6:31 AM, W.Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> Hi Timur, we need a lot more information:
4 >>
5 >> what kernel version
6 >> in kernel or ToI hibernation
7 >> are you using genkernel
8 >> separate /usr
9 >> lvm
10 >>
11 >> and anything else applicable.
12 >>
13 >> Hibernation can be a pig to get going.
16 > Hi, here is the additional information:
17 >
18 > System is ~x86 with 3.5.3 kernel that I compiled myself. Config is
19 > attached. Not sure whether I am using in kernel or ToI hibernation. But
20 > to hibernate, I have initially tried using the command line tools of
21 > pm-utils (pm-hibernate). In the end, I wanted to configure KDE so that I
22 > can quickly hibernate my development system to conserve electricity.
23 > /usr is not separate, but /home is on a separate partition. Here are the
24 > partitions:
25 >
26 > /dev/sda1 (/boot)
27 > /dev/sda2 (/home)
28 > /dev/sda3 (/)
29 > /dev/sda5 (swap)
30 > /dev/sda6 (swap, used for hibernation)
31 > /dev/sda7 (/backup)
32 >
33 > /dev/sdb1 (1. raid disk)
34 > /dev/sdc1 (2. raid disk)
35 > /dev/sdd1 (3. raid disk)
36 > /dev/sde1 (4. raid disk)
37 > /dev/sdf1 (5. raid disk)
38 >
39 > I did a few more tests. If I keep suspending the system and waking it
40 > up, the number of kworker, migrate and ksoftirq threads is increasing.
41
42 Mmmh. You didn't set CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION:
43
44 CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION=""
45
46 Set it to /dev/sda6, and see if it helps. Also, can we have a look at
47 yout /etc/fstab file?
48
49 Regards.
50 --