From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving to xorg-x11-7.0 (Modular X)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:17:34
1 On Thursday 09 March 2006 00:49, "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."
2 <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote about '[gentoo-user] Moving to xorg-x11-7.0
3 (Modular X)':
4 > I am trying to move my system over to modular X, but I'm having a few
5 > troubles. There are 4 packages that don't seem like they should be
6 > bringing in virtual/x11-6.8, but they are.
7
8 A couple of days and a couple of syncs later and the problem is completely
9 gone. NB: Gentoo developers >ROCK<! emerge -avtuND does not try to bring
10 in virtual/x11-6.8. Now, to try and trim down my package.unmask a
11 little. :/
14 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
15 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
16 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
17 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list