From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Mutt not displaying encrypted attachments
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 15:48:27
1 On Friday, 20 October 2017 16:35:34 BST Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2017-10-20 10:08, Mick wrote:
3 > > I suspect something in my configuration has deviated from vanilla and
4 > > this is causing the problem of 'set crypt_use_gpgme' not being enough.
5 > > This is what I'm running here:
6 > >
7 > > mail-client/mutt-1.7.2
8 > >
9 > > I haven't tried troubleshooting gpgme when running mutt to see what
10 > > the logs spew out. xsession-errors and syslog does not reveal
11 > > anything. I should give this some attention when I get a free moment.
12 >
13 > Classic mutt had known problems in this area. For example, from the
14 > mutt.org frontpage:
15 >
16 > Mutt 1.8.2 was released on April 18, 2017. This is a bug-fix release,
17 > fixing a regression involving GnuPG agent in the 1.8.1 release.
18 >
19 > You may want to try upgrading to latest (1.9.1), or to neomutt if you
20 > feel like an adventure.
21 >
22 > Otherwise, if you really want to debug your current configuration, I
23 > would start by commenting out the gpgme line. That should give you the
24 > original environment where mutt interacts with GPG directly; one fewer
25 > variable to consider. Then, once you get that working, uncomment gpgme
26 > and comment out all the hairy gpg command lines.
27
28 LOL! You made me laugh!
29
30 I've highjacked to some extent the OP's request, but since his problem was
31 fixed by using gpgme I guess I could carry on.
32
33 I have no problem using gpg with mutt as long as I include the "hairy gpg
34 command lines". :-) The gpgme line alone does not work on my current
35 version. I will update to a later version soon and then see what I get.
36
37 Thank you for your help.
38 --
39 Regards,