From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CHOST question.
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:54:35
1 On Tuesday 05 February 2008 10:35:34 am Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 05 February 2008, Jerry McBride wrote:
3 > > Should be interesting... It'll lay to rest what everyone speculates
4 > > or postulates. :')
5 >
6 > No need. Been done. Question answered long ago. You are beating a dead
7 > horse. We already know *exactly* what difference it makes - precious
8 > little.
9 >
10 > You want a machine that performs better? Stick in a disk drive with more
11 > cache memory. Instant improvement that will dwarf any change you could
12 > ever make with the compiler. Ever wondered why Ubuntu distributes 386
13 > generic code? Because it makes no discernible difference whatsoever.
14 >
15 > But if you wanna go ahead and prove to yourself something that the
16 > toolchain world has know for like forever, then go ahead, don't let me
17 > stop you <shrug>
18 >
19 > --
20 > Alan McKinnon
21 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
22
23 Are the numbers posted somewhere I can get to? It'd be good reading.
28 From the Desk of: Jerome D. McBride
29 --
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list