From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Full path in apache2 access_log?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:41:46
1 > > Is there any way to get apache2 to include a full path in its
2 > > access_log? That would be something like this:
3 > >
4 > > domain.com/page.html
5 > >
6 > > instead of this:
7 > >
8 > > /page.html
9 > >
10 > > If I can get a full path in the log, I can have webalizer report on
11 > > traffic per domain. The conventional method of using the vhost log
12 > > format for something like this won't work for me because it relies on
13 > > defining different ServerName directives via VirtualHost definitions
14 > > but I don't think apache knows which domain is actually being served.
15 > > I don't use any apache virtual host stuff. Domain identification is
16 > > handled by my shopping cart software.
17 >
18 > Maybe I dont understand what you mean: but since you are using
19 > VirtualHost definitions, then perhaps you could use separate logs for
20 > each site?
21 >
22 > e.g.
23 >
24 > <VirtualHost site1.com>
25 > ServerName www.site1.com
26 > ErrorLog "/var/log/apache/site1_error.log"
27 > AccessLog "/var/log/apache/site2_access.log"
28 > </VirtualHost>
29 >
30 > <VirtualHost site2.com>
31 > ServerName www.site2.com
32 > ErrorLog "/var/log/apache/site1_error.log"
33 > AccessLog "/var/log/apache/site2_access.log"
34 > </VirtualHost>
35 >
36 > I just avoid the whole logsplit issue by doing this on production servers.
37
38 Yeah, I wasn't very clear about that. The problem is I can't use
39 VirtualHost definitions because I don't think apache knows which
40 domain is actually being served. I don't use any apache virtual host
41 stuff. Domain identification is handled by my shopping cart software.
42
43 - Grant
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list