From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Threads changing Was: OT: website design
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 19:09:19
1 On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 08:20:01PM +0200, Mick wrote:
2 >
3 > The Usenet headers do not show any X-Original-References: in your message, at
4 > least not in my Knode.
7 They do, but apparently knode isn't showing you all headers.
8
9 > The email headers also do not show any X-Original-References: at least in my
10 > Kmail. :(
13 No, in mail that header doesn't exist. The mail2news gateway recreates
14 the Message-ID header especially for usenet and puts the original MID in
15 X-Original-Message-ID, which is a custom header.
16 I'm fairly certain that merely taking the X-Original-Message-ID info
17 of the message one wishes to reply to and puting it in the In-Reply-To
18 field of the reply is the trick to reading from usenet without breaking
19 threads posting. The References won't matter.
20
21 This post was done that way, so let me know.
22 :)
25 klaatu virada nicto