From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Failed to emerge dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.6.0
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 22:35:10
1 On 28/04/16 01:33, Dale wrote:
2 > Michael Mol wrote:
3 >> I have my system automatically update nightly, and check the build results in
4 >> the morning. If there's a persistent build error for a couple days, I file a
5 >> bug report. That's my threshold, anyway.
9 > This started on Sunday. So it has met that part anyway. Since I run a
10 > mix of stable and unstable, it has been known to cause issues that are
11 > weird. I just don't want to file a bug report and take up a devs time
12 > if it is some weird one off thing that affects no one else. It's not
13 > like they don't have enough stuff to deal with already. Then again,
14 > they do want info on failures so that it doesn't affect others. Where's
15 > my coin to flip? lol
16 >
17 > I plan to sync again and if it persists, Raid comes out. :/
18 >
19 > Thanks.
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
23 > :-) :-)
26 I have a couple of background "things" happening at the moment:
27
28 prelink and glibc: odd failures that make no sense - unprelink the
29 system and everything works fine (at some point you get a failure to
30 fork.) I hit it when trying to build multiple lxc instances ... it
31 builds two and then the server becomes "toast" :( There is a bug on bgo ...
32
33 btrfs and kernels 4.4.6 and 4.4.7: fails to convert/balance a raid 10
34 (system hard lock, no errors) and maybe some file system related build
35 errors (which might also be glibc related, though it might not ...)
36 4.4.8 works fine (includes a number of btrfs fixes)
37
38 Either of those fit?
39
40 BillK