From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Openoffice dies on startup
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:23:16
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > I hadn't used it for a month or so. Perhaps it got resentful.
3 > Anyway, recent attempts to start any flavor of OpenOffice have failed
4 > early.
5 >
6 > It does ask about plugins, and whether it shour restore my session,
7 > but shortly after that it simply dies. There's no dialog box,
8 > and nothing obvious in the log files.
9 >
10 > I've done revdep-rebuild, and its clean. Then I re-emerged
11 > openoffice-bin (which is what I use). To no avail.
12 >
13 > Any ideas?
14
15 to see where it's dying, can you run:
16 $ gdb /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin
17 and then when it dies in the gdb prompt:
18 (gdb) thread apply all bt
19 and post the output
20
21 This might not show much, if you use openoffice-bin, we'll see.
26 [Peter gets fired]
27 Peter Griffin: Hey, Lois, the lost my job smells great. Hey, Meg, could
28 you pass me the fired my ass for negligence?
29 Lois Griffin: Peter, are you OK?
30 Peter Griffin: Great. I haven't got a job in the world.