From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SUSPECTED SPAM] [OT] Best *SIMPLE* firewall?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 21:29:28
1 On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 1:15 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Is there something besides iptables? It seems to be like
3 > systemd/perl/python, continuously expanding its scope. And no, I'm not
4 > looking for an "easy-peasy front-end gui" that'll probably pull in 90%
5 > of QT as dependancies. I fondly remember IPCHAINS.
6
7 shorewall seems to be the most powerful one. Lots of documentation,
8 configured via text files.
9 firehol is much simpler to use, but less well documented and the
10 mailing list doesn't show much life. None has any useless GUI. I find
11 both usable.
12
13 I would just use iptables if I were iptables-wise enough.
14
15 Cheers
16
17 Jorge Almeida