From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xscreensaver new-login button
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:24:03
1 On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 15:21 -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > I've been reading that there is supposed to be a new-login button that
3 > appears on a locked screen if xscreensaver is compiled with
4 > +new-login. I've tried xscreensaver 4.24 and 5.00 both with
5 > +new-login, but neither displays a new-login button on the locked
6 > screen. This Debian bug describes and solves the problem, but if
7 > references a config in ~/.xscreensaver that doesn't seem to exist in
8 > mine:
9 >
10 > http://bugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=336590
11 >
12 > Does anyone know how to make that new-login button appear?
13
14 Frankly I have no idea. Previously there was another poster which had
15 this problem.
16 I am on xscreensaver 4.24 and I have the new-login button.
17
18 [ebuild R ] x11-misc/xscreensaver-4.24 USE="gnome jpeg krb4
19 new-login nls offensive opengl pam -insecure-savers -kerberos -xinerama"
20 0 k
21
22 I DIDN't do anything!
23
24 Looking at the bug-report and the contents of the file
25
26 $grep -i newlogin /etc/X11/app-defaults/XScreenSaver -B4
27
28 ! This command is executed by the "New Login" button on the lock dialog.
29 ! (That button does not appear if this program does not exist.)
30 !
31 *newLoginCommand: /usr/bin/gdmflexiserver
34 Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list