From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching to unstable
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:21:52
1 On Tuesday 13 April 2010 15:49:44 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 13 Apr, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > As far as I know, that's the only thing preventing release of v2,
4 > > and I think it's been fixed anyway.
5 >
6 > No, I don't think so.
7 > Just recently, I had to unmerge then emerge wxpython since
8 > emerge @preserved-rebuild
9 > couldn't solve it itself.
10
11 Ah. I supposed that it had been fixed as I haven't seen it recently.
12
13 > One more "buglet".
14 > When doing emerge -j <no of simultaneous processes>
15 > - which is a very useful feature on a multicore machine -
16 > sometime a package just stops to build (which is reported
17 > as failing package).
18 > Just emerge it again.
19
20 I've noticed that too. I don't know where the problem lies, but as you
21 say, it's easily evaded.
22
23 > So, I'd say some new features are not ready, yet, but still
24 > very useful as they are.
25
26 Agreed.
29 Rgds