From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:45:04
1 On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:35:47 +0300, "Arthur D." <spinal.by@××××.ru> wrote:
2 >> Oh, and your ebuild patch doesn't even bother to check the vim
3 >> dependency.
4 >
5 > The "vanilla" USE flag is not global, it's local, man.
6
7 That's irrelevant. Each ebuild should sort its dependencies. The scope of
8 the use flags is irrelevant.
9
10 > And it doesn't force user to install vim.
11 > You may want to make symlink /usr/bin/vi -> /bin/busybox instead.
12
13 Right, you were complaining because it didn't work out of the box, but now
14 you don't care about that?
15
16 I fail to understand that reasoning. Oh, yes, I understand it: it doesn't
17 matter because *you* have vim installed so it won't bother you.
18
19 I'd like to see why for you it's acceptable to symlink a file manually but
20 it's not acceptable to configure sudo... I also wonder what's the
21 difference between sudo complaining that it can be find nano and sudo
22 complaining that it can't find vim. So, if it can't find vim, we should go
23 fix that ourselves and that is acceptable, but if it can't find nano then
24 that's unacceptable for you, did I get it right?
25 --
26 Jesús Guerrero