From: Jure Varlec <exzombie@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ipw2200 chipset mini wireless card
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 20:25:50
1 On Friday 05 May 2006 15:52, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Does anyone really know what the difference is? I originally used the
3 > ebuilds because I could only assume that they will be more up to date.
4 > But now I realize that new kernels come out pretty quick so I don't
5 > think this is the case. Anyone have insight?
6
7 For me, both worked well for normal usage. However, the in-kernel drivers
8 didn't support monitor mode too well (or at all), i.e. kismet didn't work. I
9 think firmware was the real culprit, but I'm not sure. Anyways, ebuild
10 drivers and firmware 3.0 work perfectly.