From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] setting a USE flags for many packages
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 19:53:36
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:43:29 +0100 (CET), Helmut Jarausch wrote:
5 >> I normally like to have the documentation built for all packages.
6 >> Therefore I have added 'doc' to /etc/make.conf USE
9 > Are you aware that the doc USE flag normally controls extra documentation,
10 > such as API docs for devs? Normal documentation, like man and info pages,
11 > is generally built by default. You're probably better off with -doc in
12 > make.conf and only enable it for the packages you need.
17 This is true. I have had -doc in make.conf for a looooong time and I
18 still have all the man and info pages. I can't say that I have even
19 missed anything really.
20
21 Dale
22