From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I control size of /run (tmpfs)?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 22:43:57
1 On Mon, 28 May 2012 20:31:39 +0200, Jarry wrote:
2
3 > But I'm still missing answer for my second question:
4 >
5 > >> Q2: Can I turn this "/run in tmpfs" feature off?
6
7 Of course you can, you have the source. However, it appears that no one
8 has implemented that particular feature for you yet. Maybe it is because
9 they have better things to do that move 300KB of files from the kernel's
10 caches to a disk filesystem from where it will be loaded into the
11 kernel's caches. That's the key point, that you don't actually save
12 memory by moving the files to a disk unless you are REALLY low on memory,
13 and then you have bigger things to worry about.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 This tagline is baroque; please call Bach.