From: Fabian Steiner <lists@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, openldap-software@××××××××.org
Cc: Howard Chu <hyc@×××××.com>, Denis Sacchet <ouba@××××.org>, Administratoren LSH <Administratoren@×××××××××××××××××.de>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange TLS behaviour with slapd 2.3.30 on Debian Etch
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:51:54
1 Howard Chu wrote:
2 > The fact that a reboot is required indicates that any problem is not in any
3 > user-level code. Maybe your /dev/random has run out of entropy, or some
4 > other underlying system resource is gone. Maybe strace would help here.
5
6 Thanks for pointing me into the right direction. I can remember having
7 problems with Apache and mod_ssl in the past as they lacked of entropy with
8 no keyboard and mouse being attached to the machine. I have just installed
9 rng-tools and hope that this might solve the issues.
10
11 I'll report on it as soon as I can confirm that this was the cause.
12
13 Cheers,
14 Fabian
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list