From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Vbox won't show up on left monitor at full screen
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 22:09:34
1 I'm not sure I understand why this happens:
2
3 Left monitor is 1280x1024 native resolution, right monitor is larger.
4
5 The virtualbox control panel opens on the left monitor and stays there. If I
6 launch a guest (Windows7) it pops up in the left monitor too. That's how it
7 should be, but the vbox window now has scroll bars because the monitor is the
8 same size like the guest desktop (1280x1024).
9
10 The first time I selected Full Screen it maximised and covered the whole of
11 the left monitor. That's also how I thought it should be.
12
13 However, the moment I pressed right Ctrl+F to come out of Full Screen mode and
14 then back into it, instead of re-expanding to cover the whole of the left
15 monitor, it decided to pop up into the right monitor!
16
17 I have not been able to convince it to stay in the left monitor when maximised
18 ever since. No idea why it only behaved correctly once and now will not obey
19 my clearly articulated intent, despite how much I have been swearing at it!
20
21 Is there a fix?
22 --
23 Regards,