From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Where does /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight come from?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:15:19
1 Does anyone know which kernel option would be responsible for
2 /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight? I've disabled some backlight
3 stuff in the kernel but the directory still appears. I get screen
4 backlight control on my laptop if I do:
5
6 echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness
7
8 but if xlockmore blanks my screen, I have to issue the above again
9 before screen backlight control works again. I also have acpi_video0
10 in /sys/class/backlight and I think removing intel_backlight might fix
11 the problem.
12
13 I could try deleting the directory. Is that safe? Are the files and
14 folders in /sys generated dynamically at boot?
15
16 - Grant