From: Peter Kelly <linuxpete@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] rc-status and broken links
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:29:33
1 Hola!
2
3 After a recent rebuild starting with a failed hard drive, I think I've got
4 everything nailed down... except
5
6 root ~ $ rc-status -s default
7 Runlevel: all
8 alsasound [ broken ]
9 apmd [ broken ]
10 ...
11 xdm [ broken ]
12 xfs [ broken ]
13 * You have some broken symbolic links as reported by the broken
14 * status above. This can be fixed by removing the broken service
15 * from its runlevel and re-adding it back using rc-update.
16
17 Now, it shows that every service is [broken], but the advice to remove the
18 broken service using rc-update -d (service) and add it in again does nothing.
19 Everything is still [broken].
20
21 Anyone seen this, and have an idea how to fix it?
22
23 Thanks.
24
25 Peter
28 Conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative.
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list