From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remaining bundled dependencies
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:56:56
1 On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:10:41 +0100
2 Anthoine Bourgeois <anthoine.bourgeois@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > 2012/2/20 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
5 > > I've never seen this message about 'Remaining bundled dependencies'
6 > > before. Just curious as to whether this is significant in any way to
7 > > me as a user or is it just a message that the ebuild developer has
8 > > put there for development reasons?
9 > >
10 > > Full disclosure: This is from a package built using an overlay and
11 > > not from the standard repositories.
12 > >
13 > > Thanks,
14 > > Mark
17 > >  * Remaining bundled dependencies:
18 > >  * - extern/eltopo
19 > >  * - extern/libredcode
20 > >  * - extern/lzo
21 > >  * - extern/binreloc
22 > >  * - extern/lzma
23 > >  * - extern/recastnavigation
24 > >  * - extern/libmv
27 > No, it's not significant for you. It's more like a todo list for me.
28 > I'll remove this warning message to avoid a misunderstanding.
31 Like Mark says, it's better if you leave it in.
32
33 It's not annoying - what it does is give us users warm and fuzzies that
34 the maintainer actually looks at it and takes the trouble to document
35 important things still to be done.
36
37 I often wish I see more things like that.
41 Alan McKinnnon
42 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com