From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD microcode updates - where are they?!
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 23:39:03
2 > Hmm ... My last line looks the same like Rich's, but different to yours:
3 >
4 > # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities/spectre_v2
5 > Mitigation: Full AMD retpoline, STIBP: disabled, RSB filling
6 >
7 > I don't have IBPB mentioned in there at all. I'm on
8 > gentoo-sources-4.19.57.
9 > Are you running a later kernel?
10 >
11 > According to this article a microcode update seems to be necessary, but
12 > I'm
13 > not sure if this statement only applies to Intel CPUs:
16 > https://access.redhat.com/articles/3311301#indirect-branch-prediction-barriers-ibpb-10
19 My piledriver output from an old 4.19 has IBPB, so given that redhat info,
20 it looks like you do have old microcode. I don't pass anything via the
21 kernel command line, as I assume the defaults are good.
22
23 $ cat kern-4.19.7-vuln.txt
24 /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities/l1tf:Not affected
25 /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities/meltdown:Not affected
26 /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities/spec_store_bypass:Mitigation:
27 Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl and seccomp
28 /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities/spectre_v1:Mitigation: __user
29 pointer sanitization
30 /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities/spectre_v2:Mitigation: Full AMD
31 retpoline, IBPB: conditional, STIBP: disabled, RSB filling
32
33 FWIW
34 $ md5sum /lib/firmware/amd-ucode/microcode_amd_fam15h.bin
35 3bdedb4466186a79c469f62120f6d7bb
36 /lib/firmware/amd-ucode/microcode_amd_fam15h.bin