From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] dial-up, switching isp's and other thoughts.
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:45:33
1 On Tuesday 16 September 2008 11:00:03 Dale wrote:
2 > > Or, you could game the system:
3 > >
4 > > Get yourself employed with the most decent ISP in your area, the one with
5 > > the biggest infrastructure. Make sure you work in the back end services
6 > > team. As an experienced Gentoo user, you probably know more than 90% of
7 > > the techies they currently employ so that shouldn't be too hard. A little
8 > > tweak of a config here, and little vi of a file there and hey presto! own
9 > > domain all set up and working
10 > >
15 > And with my luck, some free jewelry.  That would be hand cuffs.  :-(
16
17 Or you could emigrate and come work where I work. Round here it's called
18 an "employee fringe benefit".
19
20 But the ISP landscape here is very different from the US
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com